Friday, June 25, 2010

Old & New group show

Texan Love Hovels, 18" x 30" oil on wood, 2004

I'll be represented "old" in the upcoming Old & New group show, at Harrison Gallery in Indianapolis. I'll have three paintings total in the show, which is curated by Sofie Kofodimos.

I have several paintings from 2004-2007 which have never been exhibited, and it was great to pull them out and re-examine them from a fresh perspective. Many of them hit on some great thematic ideas, and I'm planning on reworking them. While I once insisted on letting everything happen simultaneously within the process, subject and form formulating together and fairly intuitively, I've been having some good results when I go ahead and rework the paintings. It feels like a developmental thing, where I'm just less rigid about the process, and also can muddle more without totally destroying existing imagery.

Anyway, if you're in town, the show's Friday, July 2, 6-9 pm. I'll post the other two paintings after the opening.

No comments: