Saturday, June 11, 2011

Virginia Yount

Electric Beach House (for Car Salesmen)

gouache and mixed media on paper

22" x 30"

2010

Miracle Mine (for Non-Believers)


gouache on paper


22" x 30"


2010


Climate Control (for Shut-ins)


gouache and holographic scratch-paper on paper


22" x 30"


2010


Protect what I want from me


Oil on canvas


2007



Words can't describe how exciting I find this work by Virginia Yount. Thanks for the link, Artnicks.


UPDATE: I just had the pleasure of meeting Virginia and viewing one of her paintings in person. Thanks to an unusual chain of events, along the lines of "friend's neighbor's daughter-in-law who happens to be in town this week", we met just five minutes from my house. I got to see the fabulous "Hasta La Vista".

5 comments:

M.A.H. said...

I see a family resemblance.

Carla said...

Me too, but it seemed presumptious to say it. These are what I dream of doing, which is really perfect inspiration: two parts exciting work, one part kick in the pants.

Elaine Mari said...

Yes, when I glanced at the photos, I thought, wow, she is taking a big turn here, and then saw they were not your paintings. Definitely in the family though.

M.A.H. said...

It will be exciting to hear how your tête-à-tête goes after sharing the motivations behind each other's work.

Kathy Hodge said...

Thanks for introducing me to this great artist. I can see why you find her work exciting!