Saturday, August 15, 2009

Steve Paddack at Four Star Gallery

Simplicity of Low Naught, acrylic on canvas, 36" x 48", 2008

I am soooo stoked for this show. I haven't seen the work in person, but know from conversation with Steve that it's built up from multiple-multi-months of glazing. Also, this work is a jump from oil to acrylic. Also, Four Star Gallery is re-opening and this is it's first show. Also, Steve always puts out in a major way, though we may have to wait for it, as is the case here. Steve and I went to Herron School of Art in the early 1980s. He went on to grad school at University of Illinois. I cannot even pretend to be objective here, I am sooo stoked for this show.

Four Star Gallery, Redundacy of Errata, September 4 - October 10

I should clarify. I'm not certain that Four Star is re-opening, or if this is a one time thing. I could have researched this, put the post would have lost it's zany impulsive nature.


1 comment:

anita said...

oh wow, this is fantastic news!