Monday, March 15, 2010

Ode to the Day's Final Five Minute Judicious Wipe-off

Once the wipe-off/scrape-off option enters my conscious, there's about a 90% chance I'll do it. If I pay attention while doing it, I have about a 25% chance of a cool new better direction for the painting.

This one's all metallic ground, folks, so you're only seeing a sliver. Speaking of sliver, why is every paint store in town out of metallic silver? I had to dig deep to find two dregs tubes that I had to slice open to salvage the silver I so desperately needed to paint, and then wipe off.

2 comments:

M.A.H. said...

I love Gamblin's silver oil paint, but it does NOT stay fresh even with the caps on. Had to slice open my tube this weekend and use it like dry pigment. Do you use industrial stuff or fine art paint for the silver?

Carla said...

I've been using Modern Masters,a commercial latex, for the ground. Then after I try to continue in acrylics, but give up and switch to oils, I use an artist's oil silver. I like how the oil metallics visually interact on the water-based ones.